Monday, November 29, 2010

MP Vs. TN Blvd

While I was a student at Preston high school there was always a rival between kids who lived in Throggs Neck and Morris Park. I could not understand why there would be a rival between the two neighborhoods when most of the kids hung out with each other. I decided to ask around to see what the real "beef" was between these two "hoods". I decided to ask my best friend who has lived in Morris Park her entire life and she said,

"Oh yeah, there's always been a rival between MP and TN. Its like the battle of the egos, like whose better, tougher, and has the prettiest girls. You have to understand that their two different ethnic groups too. MP is dominated by the Italians and TN has the Irish. I personally think the rivalry is dumb because we all hang out with each other and you even have people dating each other from the opposing side."

She had a point, I mean in high school I dated a guy from Morris Park and there was no problem with what neighborhood we were from. Recently the rivalry has calmed down but I believe it to be very interesting that two different neighborhoods on opposite sides of the Bronx would have a "war" with each other to see who "runs" the Bronx.

I say that neither one of them runs the Bronx, its CASTLE HILL of course, but thats just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment